Mary & David,
a Hereford and Worcester medieval church,
was completed ca. 1140. It is best known for its lavish exterior
stone carvings which belie its austere interior. Inside the church
is a nave, chancel and semi-circular apse. Around the top of the
walls on the outside is a corbel-table with fanciful carved heads
and creatures. One of the British Isles' most famous Sheila-na-gig
carvings can be seen near the south door.